Jose Chacon, LPTA, LMT,
Owner and Founder of Omni Wellness & Performance
A Message From Jose Chacon, LPTA, LMT, Owner and Founder of Omni Wellness & Performance
Is Knee Pain Not An "Ordinary" Aspect Of Aging?
It’s quite simple to assume that knee problems are “simply something that comes with age,” “wear and tear,” or that they are nothing and will go away on their own if you have painful or aching knees.
You’re unable to pinpoint the cause of the knee discomfort you’re experiencing, but it doesn’t appear to be getting any better.
If that is occurring to you, you are not alone; we frequently hear reports of this nature. In fact, one of THE most often issues we treat in our physical therapy office is knee discomfort.
And everyone we see is curious about the following topics when it comes to managing knee pain:
“How Come This Is Happening To Me?” Or, "Why, after putting up with it for six months or more, do I still have knee pain that just keeps getting worse?"
Does that describe you?
Have You Ever Experienced That?
Perhaps you are puzzled because different people have told you different things. Perhaps you believe you must rest because you’ve been informed that walking aggravates knee pain or that you should perform “this exercise” and “that exercise” to relieve it.
It is really difficult to know exactly what to do – and that’s only to prevent knee discomfort from becoming worse!
And because of this misunderstanding, individuals frequently procrastinate and delay making a decision about how to treat their knee discomfort. Worse, many individuals simply accept it as “part of life” as if it is normal or “had to be” that way.
Are You Feeling This Way, Too?
You don’t have to put up with knee pain, either. There are numerous things you can do to reduce your discomfort and continue participating in the activities you enjoy, despite the fact that many people believe that knee pain is simply “another part of aging.”
We specialize in treating patients with knee pain of all ages at Omni Wellness & Performance, many of whom have been dealing with it for months or years.
In actuality, treating this discomfort doesn’t have to be difficult, but it does call for a knowledgeable approach. When it comes to our patients with knee discomfort, being aware of human anatomy, physiology, and tendon loading principles has allowed us to speed up the rehabilitation process.
We spend time thoroughly explaining to our patients what is happening as well as the “WHY” behind the workouts we provide them. We assess their present activity and exercise and discuss modifications that can be made to allow them to continue engaging in the activities they enjoy WITHOUT experiencing pain.
Click the following link to contact a doctor if you have knee pain and are unsure of what to do or how to treat it.
What We Do
Stage 1: Share Your Experiences with Us
In contrast to the typical experience at the doctor’s office, we want to hear your story. The entire thing. There are no short cuts. We wish to learn about your injury, your interests, and the impact this has had on your life.
This is your opportunity to tell us everything, including your health objectives and dreams, regardless of their size.
Step 2 : Gain Perspective
We will describe the potential reasons of your injury and the expected duration of recuperation.
Throughout therapy, it is our aim to arm you with the information and skills you need to comprehend how the injury came about, how to treat it right away, and how to avoid becoming hurt again in the future.
Stage 3 : Overcome Struggles and Forge Forward
- Reduce the discomfort and signs you’re feeling
- Locate the underlying cause of the problem and solve it.
- Increase the strength and resilience of your body to prevent this from happening again.
Here are seven additional explanations for why your knee pain may be lingering longer than it should:
1. You hoped it would just disappear, but it hasn’t.
2. You went to the doctor, who advised you to relax and take painkillers; nevertheless, these measures did not alleviate your condition but rather “masked” the pain; hence, your knee pain returned as soon as their effects wore off.
3. You’ve probably learned to live with knee discomfort as you age since a loved one or acquaintance informed you that it’s normal.
4. You’ve gone to a physiotherapist or other medical professionals before, but you didn’t feel better afterward.
5. You have tried several knee supports, but they have not alleviated the pain.
6. You thought it would be smart to take it easy because your knees were hurting so badly, yet the discomfort and swelling persist to this day.
7. You attempted several workouts you found on “Youtube,” but they hurt while you were doing them and didn’t help at all.
If any of these seem familiar, please schedule a call with one of our physical therapists in Fairfax, VA to see if they can help you. If you know what doesn’t work, you’ll be that much closer to discovering what does, so it’s good that you’ve tried at least some of these things.
If you want some free, helpful advise over the phone, use the link below to schedule a call with us. There is no charge for the phone call, and no commitment to schedule an appointment afterward. Our intention is to assist you in taking the necessary steps forward.
"How Can I Get Rid of Knee Pain Quickly?"
So, here are four things you can do:
1. First you must decide whether or not to seek help – so many individuals rest for weeks, expecting that the pain would ‘simply go away with time,’ only to find that 6 months later, nothing has changed… Alternatively, the pain and swelling worsen.
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises – one of the best things you can do to help ease your knee pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises – the right exercises given to you by a Physiotherapist will help reduce pain, allow you to move freely again quickly – and ensure that the problems don’t return anytime soon.
3. Avoid sitting in unnatural situations; – you and I were not made to sit. When you sit and bend your knees, you are putting your knees in strange, unnatural positions that they are not designed to be in for lengthy periods of time. It would be extremely beneficial if you were given proper strengthening exercises for better posture, in addition to hands-on treatment, in order to get you active and healthy as soon as feasible.
4. Physical Therapy that is “hands-on” Physical therapy – has been shown to aid those suffering from knee discomfort. In fact, it’s one of the most common ailments we see with our athletes and active individuals at Omni Wellness & Performance. If your knee discomfort is interfering with your employment, preventing you from being active, or threatening your independence and preventing you from spending quality time with family and friends, Physical Therapy can help you get back to living the life you deserve as soon as possible.
So Here's the next question:
"How Can Seeing A Physical Therapist At Omni Wellness & Performance Help You Get Rid Of Knee Pain - In The Next Few Days?"
Essentially, the Physical Therapy Team at Omni Wellness & Performance can assist you in returning to a life free of everyday bothersome and chronic knee pain.
If you want to know how much it costs – and what availability we have at our Fairfax, VA clinic – simply click the button below and fill out the short form:
What Other People Just Like You Are Saying About Omni Wellness & Performance in Fairfax